Sunday, June 7, 2009

Washer Anklets...

I found a great tutorial here on how to make anklets. When I saw it, I wondered how they would look using small washers dressed up with scrapbook paper (like with the Washer Necklace tutorial from The Creative Crate.)

I ended up using 1/4" washers, and they were the perfect size. Now we have matching washer necklaces and anklets!
I did a few things differently than the tutorial.

**I added beads to each side of the washer. To keep them in place, I put a knot at the end of each bead.
**I cut my hemp cord just over 10" to compensate for knotting the end of the beads.
**I assembled the anklet first before attaching the end clamps.

This was a fun little project! These would be great for birthday and Christmas gifts! We'll definitely be making more!

7 comments:

michellejohnnie said...

Yikes! I love these! I want to make some now! (But it will have to wait until tomorrow!) I linked to this at Somedaycrafts.blogspot.com

Stacie said...

Those turned out C*U*T*E! Great idea!!

We are the Zitzmans said...

New to your site...super cute. I will have to make those for my YW sometime.

Diana said...

LOVE IT!! :)

Kara said...

I've been wanting to make one of those washer necklaces for awhile now. I just might have to make one of these first though. So darn cute!

Deb said...

Cute idea!

Rachelle said...

These are so cute Misty! I'm going to have to make some now! I just got washers to make some necklaces! Thanks for the inspiration!

Oh, & thanks for adding me to your favorite blogs...you're so sweet!

I'll be sure to add you to mine...love your stuff!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails