Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cinnamon Ornaments...

I'm sorry for the lack of posts lately. My computer was infected with a nasty virus that froze up everything. All of my husband's files were ruined, but luckily, mine were saved (whew!). You never realize how important all the files you have are until they are gone!! My husband has been working hard at restoring our programs and trying to get our computer back to normal.

Anyways, let's get on with a cute project that smells oh, so good! My kids and I made some of these cinnamon ornaments for our tree last year, and we all agreed that this would become a new tradition. They are easy peasy to make, and they make your house smell yummy!!

To make these, you'll need:

1 cup cinnamon
1 Tbsp. cloves
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
3/4 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp. white glue

Mix everything together and roll out to 1/4 inch thick. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters and let dry at room temperature for several days, turning often. You can also dry these in the oven set at about 200 degrees for several hours. (Don't forget to poke a hole in the top portion if you're going to hang these from your tree!).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

They made these at my daughter's preschool. She was beside herself when she came home and her sister dropped her gingerbread man and broke his head off! Oh the drama!

Thanks for posting the recipe. I linked to it in my Friday Favorites.

Hope you will stop by for a visit! ~Lanie