Wednesday, November 4, 2009

What I've Been Up To....

Hello Everyone! I am so happy to be back! I almost hugged the 'internet man' when he got it all hooked up for me today....but I held back because I didn't want to scare him!!

Since I didn't have the internet for a whole month, and since my craft supplies were boxed up for most of the month, I had to find other things to do to keep busy.

So I learned to make wheat bread....

....and white bread. I've found that making bread is an art. And I'm not quite a 'bread artist' as of yet. My bread always tastes good, but it doesn't always look pretty. I'm now working on learning to form the loaves better. Any advice would be welcomed!

I also learned to make and bottle applesauce. Just between you and me...I am not a big fan of applesauce. I don't mind baking with it, but I HATE eating it! My husband and kids, on the other hand, LOVE it. So I made these for them. I hope they taste okay....I couldn't bring myself to taste it before bottling it.

I stole this idea from my sister-in-law. She has a table at the top of her stairs that she uses to display her holiday decorations. I modified it to work for my house and used the top of a bookcase for mine.
The framed picture was my first 'project' after unpacking all my craft supplies. I made several of the 'kids' and used them for these.....

Since we live near my husband's parents, sister, and Grandparents, I decided to make them some Halloween treats. And if you know me, you know I can't make treats without having something cute to put them in! They each got a cute box filled with my yummy sugar cookies!!

I can't wait to catch up on what everyone has been up to this past month!! And I can't wait to share more of what I've been doing! Thanks again for being patient with me during our move!

4 comments:

michelle@somedaycrafts said...

Yeah! You are back. If you want to guest post or blog swap let me know. I want to get back with you for your kindness to me. Do you have a tutorial on that little box you made that held the cards I got? I really love it and would love to link to it (or you could guest post about it.) Let me know.
Michelle

Chris and Suzette said...

Hi Misty -

I have made TONS of bread recipes over the past 20 years in search of the perfect homemade texture and taste and was never completely in love with any of them. That is until I found this recipe AND video tutorial on the PERFECT bread recipe! Try it out . . .your family will never let you buy bread again :)
http://everydayfoodstorage.net/2009/03/11/making-homemade-bread-the-food-storage-recipe-challenge/food-storage-recipes

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

those are so cute! I love it!

RootsAndWingsCo said...

Congrats on the move, and getting your internet back! I just moved this last month as well. What a job that is. My craft room is still not completely up and running. I'm probably at about 75%! ;) Love your Halloween boxes.

Rebecca of the R&W Gals