Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fabric Scripture & Notebook Covers

***********************************************************************
You can still link up your sewing projects HERE! The link will stay open until Monday, March 1st!!
***********************************************************************

So I woke up one morning and decided I was going to try and figure out how to make a fabric cover for my scriptures. I ended up making 5 of them (they turned out okay, but weren't exactly what I wanted), before I remembered I had a project on my "To Do" list that was similar. After reading By Small Means' instructions on how to make a notebook cover, my scripture cover turned out beautifully!






I'm a note-taker. Always have been. I seem to remember things better if I write them down. For the last few years, I've kept a notebook with me while at church so that I can keep notes on the talks and lessons. So I decided to make a matching cover for my Church Notebook.



Here's some of the first scripture covers that I made.

I measured wrong on this one and it wouldn't fit my Quad scriptures. But it worked for my daughter's Bible, so I made a matching cover for her Book of Mormon.
The thing that bugged me about the first ones I made was how thick the edges were (hopefully you can see what I'm talking about in this picture!). It wasn't a huge deal, but I wanted them to lay more flat.

How often do you try to figure something out on your own? Sometimes I'm successful at it, and sometimes I'm not! But what I have learned is that there is usually someone out in blogland that has already done the project I'm trying to figure out. Next time I think I'll search first to see if there's already a tutorial written. It'll save me a lot of time!!



I'm linking to: Fireflies & Jellybeans, Somewhat Simple, Someday Crafts

6 comments:

Fawnda@Fireflies and Jellybeans said...

cute idea! I love the flowers on the front!

LouAnneL said...

Those turned out so nice! I'd love to make one for myself and my dear daughter. Did you have a pattern or just come up with it on your own?

Well done!!

Rockie said...

Those are very nice and very classy looking. Thanks for another idea.

www.rockiescrafts.blogspot.com

Laura said...

This is so cute. I would love to make one for my study bible. I'd love to see a tutorial.

Stephanie @ Minutes to Spare said...

Love the look. Is the strap with the flower a snap, or how do you hold it in place?

Misty @Creative Itch said...

The strap with the flower is closed with velcro....I didn't realize that I didn't include a picture of that!! Oops!!