Thursday, August 19, 2010

Rolled Fabric Flower Headbands

If you're like me, you've seen these cute rolled fabric flowers all over blogland lately.  They're adorable!!  My oldest daughter is trying to think of ways to earn money (she's saving up for a laptop), so I made these headbands to see if it was something that she might be interested in..... 





I taught her and my 9-year-old how to make them, and we had some 'girl time' making flowers.  It was a blast!!  We've got quite a few flowers made, but are waiting on more headbands to finish them off.  I promise I'll share the finished products when we're done!!

If you're looking for some great tutorials on making these, try HERE and HERE!
 


I'm linking to these parties:
It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursday @It's Sew Stinkin' Cute

4 comments:

LouAnneL said...

Those are so neat. I noticed them at Target, of all places, and with just one flower on them they were quite pricey. I bet she could sell them, as these are much nicer! Thank you for posting the links to the tutorial. I'm going to try and sit down with my nine, nearly 10, year old daughter today so she can make one for herself. :-)

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

Those are adorable. What a great idea for your daughter to do to earn money! I love making those flowers too. I made 12 of them last night for different projects. So fun!

xoxo
Jen

Yycien Adams said...

Such a beautiful headbands! I've been looking for a good tutorial on making hair accessories and these headbands are so perfect to try. Thanks for sharing tutorial link.

Lori said...

*Sigh* My only daughter is a 10-yo tomboy. I need to make this. =)
It's so pretty. Love the idea of autumn colors too.

BTW, I shared this on Momspiration Monday:
http://www.momsbyheart.net/2010/08/momspiration-monday_30.html