Thursday, September 30, 2010

Lollipop Box

I'm not usually very good at figuring things out on my own.  If I see something in blogland that I want to make, I'll search high and low for a tutorial.  It's not that I couldn't figure it out on my own....I'm sure I could.  I guess I'm just too lazy.  Or too busy.  Or both. 

THIS cute lollipop box from Inking Idaho got my creative juices flowing.  I just HAD to make one!  Becky linked to the blog where the original pattern came from, and I went there....hoping to find a tutorial or even a pattern for the box.  No such luck.  So I studied the box and decided I could figure it out on my own.

Here's what I came up with.  Not bad, eh?



And I even went the extra mile and made my own lollipops to put in the box.  Root Beer lollipops in the shapes of stars and hearts, to be exact.  Now the hard part is choosing who I'm going to give this to....'cause I want to keep it for myself!!

I had full intentions of making a tutorial to share with you, but haven't had the time to edit the pictures and sit down and write it.  I'll work on that and hopefully have it ready by next week sometime!


I'm linking to these fabulous parties:
It's Stinkin' Cute Craft Thursday @It's Sew Stinkin' Cute

3 comments:

Pati @ A Crafty Escape said...

Wow that's pretty awesome, love those colors!

Anonymous said...

Too cute! Great job. Can't wait for your tut so I don't have to figure it on my own.

Jocelyn Christensen said...

That is adorable...HEY, guess wHAT!!! Diapers and Divinity gave you a nod for the post that you did on Making Service A Way of Life for your Family!

Congratulations! It was wonderful!

http://diapersanddivinity.com/2010/09/30/behold-a-blog-stuff-extravaganza/