Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Hot Cocoa Cups in a Cute Little Carrier

There's nothing better than a hot cup of cocoa during the winter...especially when it's freezing cold outside!!  I needed a quick gift idea for my kids' teachers, and when I saw THIS TUTORIAL from The Little Blue Room, my search was over!!

I filled each cup with 2 packets of hot cocoa, and some Candy Cane Hershey's Kisses {my favorite!}

I had to make up my own pattern for part of the carrier since I don't own a scallop envelope die cut.  Here's what I did:

1. Cut two pieces of cardstock to 4.5" x 6".
2. Score at 1/2" & 4"
3. Turn cardstock and score at 1 1/4" & 4 1/2"
4. Fold along score lines, trim corners off, and adhere to carrier as the tutorial directs.

I loved these so much, that I ended up making enough to give to some of my friends, and some ladies that I visit each month as well.  Hopefully I'll be able to get them delivered tonight!

What gifts are you making for your kids' teachers, and for friends and neighbors this year?  Leave me a link to your posts in the comments section...I'd LOVE to take a look! 

Photobucket

3 comments:

Kara @ Mine for the Making said...

Very cute! What great gifts :)

Lindac said...

What a cute idea! Shame my kids are all grown up so I have no teachers to make these for. lol.

Sarah @ Scissors and a Whisk said...

Cute!!! Send some my way :)