Monday, August 22, 2011

{Zucchini Jam}

We have an abundance of zucchini from our garden, and the kids are tired of zucchini bread and muffins.  I needed another way to use it up, and came across THIS RECIPE from Allrecipes. 


The zucchini is boiled with a few other ingredients until it's clear, then you add flavored gelatin mix to it.  Take my word for it...this jam is DELICIOUS!!   

My kids and husband have already used up 2 jars of the strawberry jam (I also made some using apricot gelatin, but we haven't tried that kind yet).  They love it best on homemade bread with butter. 


I'm already planning on using some of these as neighbor gifts for Christmas.  The way our garden is producing zucchini, I'm sure I'll be making a LOT more jam!

Do you have any other good recipes for using up zucchini?  If so, please share!

Photobucket

1 comment:

Emily Thompson said...

that looks SO good (and nothing like Zucchini :o)! Here is a recipe I LOVE for Zucc. http://nap-timecreations.blogspot.com/2011/08/garden-zuchinni-and-tasty-tuesday-party.html