Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Sew Cute Tuesday {1.03.12}

**Sorry!!  I had this all set to post at midnight, and for some reason, it didn't.  I'll be keeping the linky open for one extra day to make up for it!**

Happy 2012!!  I've been thinking for a few weeks about making some changes to my weekly 'Sew Cute Tuesday' linky party, but wanted to get some input first.  How would you feel about me opening up the linky party to include all types of crafts?  It seems that each week, more and more non-sewing projects are linked up, and it's hard for me to find the time to delete them all.  I've even considered having 2 separate places to link up...one for sewing projects only, and the other one for everything else.  Please give me your honest opinion so I can decide which direction to go.  If you like 'Sew Cute Tuesday' just how it is, please say so.  If you'd like to see a change, leave a comment telling me what changes you'd like to see.  Thanks!

Let's see some projects that caught my eye from last week:

I absolutely LOVED the Octo-Squad from Sew Much 2 Luv!!  The masks and capes are just too dang cute!

And how cute are these Rosette Keychains from vixenMade?!

Feel free to grab a 'Featured' button....you can find a *new* one in my menu bar!!

Now let's get this linky party started!!







Photobucket



Rules for linking:

**Link sewing projects only! (can be hand or machine sewn)

**Link to a specific blog post, not blog home page.

**Linky Tools will remain open until midnight on
Wednesday, January 4th.

Photobucket

14 comments:

Laura said...

I love that your Linky is just for sewing projects. It makes it feel like there's a place for a sewing Project you've done to really shine. There are so many Linky parties out there it's nice to have a couple different ones.
It would be a pain though to delete other stuff all the time so I think everyone would understand of you opened it up to everything.

Amy @ Increasingly Domestic said...

I love that it is just for sewn projects! If you feel like you should open it up to everyone, I like the idea of 2 separate linkys:) Maybe put the craft one up top and the sewing one below so that there is less chance of having non-sewing posts linked up?

There are SO many everything linkys that this one is special and I get so excited when I actually have a project I can share here:)

Karen said...

Thanks so much for featuring my Octo-Squad :) And I agree...I love to see the sewing links!

Jamie said...

Thanks for hosting! I don't there is anything wrong with opening a 2nd linky party for arts/crafts. Though you will still get people who link up in the wrong category. (Not that I would know anything about that..;)
~JamieS

Regena said...

afraid my pic didn't show, but the link works!!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for featuring my keychains!! I'm so honored!

Amy C said...

I love your linky party Misty. I don't have a ton of sewing projects, but I always link up here when I do. I think having 2 link parties is a good idea. :)

Pam @Threading My Way said...

I like it just the way it is, but do understand where you are coming from. Not keen on the idea of two separate places to link up if they are on the same page. Another party I visit has the two on the same page and it's easy to put the link in the wrong party. There are lots of craft parties out there, but very few dedicated to sewing. Thanks for hosting each week!!!

Belinda said...

I love that your party is just for sewn items. However, it's your party & you should do whatever is easiest for you. I don't see all that many non sewing projects linked up each week so it appears that most folks are abiding by your "sewing projects only" guide line.
Thanks so much for hosting each week!

Megan said...

My vote is to keep it sewing projects!! I love coming every Tuesday to see what fun & cute things other bloggers are making. There are a lot of other linky parties out there that do all crafts (and are really long to read & sift through sometimes), but yours is the one that I come to for what I'm mainly interested in, sewing and fabric arts.

I really appreciate your blog and I use it as my inspiration and jump point for new ideas.

(and I've been annoyed with the non-sewing links lately. I don't care about your best ever garlic toast recipe or tash card- can't you read the rules people?!)

kinter said...

Oops! I linked up twice. Sorry!
I have only linked up a few times, but I really enjoy this party. My favorite creative thing is sewing and I like that your party focuses on just that!

Wendy said...

I vote for keeping as it is. I find other link parties really tedious as there will be 300 links but half of them are for giveaways, or recipes or someone who's painted a table... yawn!

Lindsay said...

I love that it's just sewing projects, but I also understand that it's more work for you to have to monitor what's being linked. Link parties can get overwhelming when there are hundreds of different things linked, so I like that yours is more specific. Either way I'll still be here every week though, whether I'm linking something or just looking at what other people link!

Jocelyn Christensen said...

It's cute as ever around here! :) Happy new Year!