Friday, February 19, 2010
Mom's Chicken Enchiladas
My Mom makes the best chicken enchiladas!! I can remember being extra excited for dinner when we knew she was making these! And now the tradition carries on with my children!
Here's how to make my Mom's Chicken Enchiladas...
**chicken, diced & cooked (I like mine shredded. You can also use canned chicken)
**1 onion, diced
**2 lbs. grated cheese
**1 large can tomato sauce
**1 can enchilada sauce
**1 can cream of chicken soup
**1 can diced green chilies
1. Combine chicken, onion, and about 3/4 of the cheese in a large bowl.
2. In a sauce pan, warm up tomato sauce, enchilada sauce, cream of chicken soup, and chilies. Put a little bit of sauce on bottom of a 9x13 cake pan.
3. In a frying pan, heat a little oil. Put corn tortillas in one at a time and warm on both sides.
4. Dip warmed tortillas in sauce mixture, and put in cake pan. Put about 1-2 Tbsp. of chicken mixture in tortilla, and roll up.
5. When done, pour remaining sauce on top of enchiladas, sprinkle with cheese, and add sliced olives.
6. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until bubbly.
This recipe makes 2- 9x13 cake pans, plus an 8x8 cake pan full. And my family eats every last bite! We usually serve this with a green salad and corn.