Thursday, June 30, 2011

Sewing Camp Project #2 {Paper Bag Banner}

My 3rd daughter, who just turned 9 years old, was the only one of my girls that was interested in helping make our 2nd project for 'sewing camp'.  We decided to make a paper bag banner to display at her (and 2 of my other kids') birthday party.

She worked hard at sewing the paper on the bags, and kept commenting that sewing in a straight line is HARD!  She worried that she wasn't doing a very good job, but I assured her that the crooked lines would give our banner lots of character.  I think that made her feel better!  Here's our finished banner:



I had to snap a picture while my daughter was sewing.  The lighting wasn't too great in our living room, but I absolutely LOVE how this picture turned out!!

This week is going to be a busy one, but I'm hoping that we'll be able to fit in enough time to make our next project for 'sewing camp'! 


3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

How cute! I love that you used paper bags. And your daughter did a really fantastic job!

Readings, Recipes and Rambles said...

Very cute! Did you sew patterned paper or fabric to the paper bag???

Dominguezfam said...

Wow! Those turned out so cute:)