Thursday, March 27, 2014

'Zoo Babies' Cards


There's nothing like sitting down to make cards, 
and having them turn out just like you pictured them in your head :)

The cards I'm sharing today were inspired by THIS CARD.  
I loved the simple layout, and knew that I could make lots of cards 
in a short amount of time.



When I was making the elephant card, I realized that I didn't have 
a scalloped circle punch large enough to layer with the 2" circle punch.  
So I made use of what punches I DO have, and came up with this fun little trick.

I punched 2 Flourish Squares like this...


And then glued them together to make a scalloped circle. 


It ended up being the perfect size for what I needed!
Love it when that happens!



Supply List: (all supplies are from Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted):
Paper: Polka Dot Parade, Rich Razzleberry CS, Old Olive CS, Basic Gray CS, Whisper White CS
Stamp Set: Zoo Babies
Ink: Basic Gray, Old Olive
Tools: 1-3/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Edge Border Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, 2" Circle Punch (non SU!), 
2" Scalloped Circle Punch (non SU!), Flourish Square Punch (non SU!)
Other: White ribbon, White yarn 





No comments: