Monday, September 14, 2015

Reclaimed Wood Arrows


My sister-in-law and I have recently started making 
some fun items out of reclaimed wood.

It all started with Pinterest.
(I'll bet you've never heard that before!)
We saw something that we LOVED and thought,
"We could TOTALLY make that!"

So our adventure has begun....and I actually really love it!

Here's one of our projects that came about by happy accident.
We had a project in mind, but it wasn't going as expected.
After playing around with the wood pieces, I had an 'aha moment' 
and figured that if our other project didn't work out, 
we could salvage the wood and make these.


Aren't they so cute!

I learned how to use a miter saw and a nail gun with this project.

Using power tools and making stuff out of wood
was never something I thought I would enjoy.
I'm glad I was WRONG about it!



We decided to not paint or stain our arrows
because we loved the look of the wood as it was.
I think we made the right call!

These arrows aren't super big.
They only measure approximately 17 inches from tip to tip,
and about 5.5 inches wide.
Lots smaller than others that are floating around on the web.  

We've got more reclaimed wood projects to come!
I'm loving my new hobby!




No comments: