Thursday, November 19, 2015

Reclaimed Wood Christmas Signs


My sister-in-law and I have spent the last couple of months 
making all sorts of cute holiday decor using reclaimed wood.
We have so much fun making things together,
we decided to see if we could make a little extra 
Christmas money by selling the items we've made.

We even came up with a name for our little 'business'.
Her name is Mia, and I'm Misty,
so together we are
MiMi's Boutique.
Pretty cute, right?

We held an open house last weekend at her house,
and it was SO MUCH FUN!

We sold quite a few of our items,
and had a bit left over too.

It was a learning experience,
and we'll know what not to do next time :)

Over the next couple of days, I'll be sharing pictures of the items we made.
I apologize in advance for the low-quality photos.
I didn't think about taking pictures before-hand,
so ended up using my cell phone.
I'll know better for next time ;)

First up.....
our reclaimed wood Christmas signs!


These were some of the smaller items at our open house.
To make them, we found images that we liked,
printed them on paper,
traced them onto the wood,
then used a paint pen to fill the traced images in.




This isn't a great picture,
but our 'Merry & Bright' was my most favorite little sign!
Isn't it so fun?!

Cute stuff, right?
It was REALLY hard to not just keep everything for ourselves :)





2 comments:

lyndagriggs said...

Very clever and pretty ladies

lyndagriggs said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.