Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Supernatural Quote Sign


Any Supernatural fans out there?

My daughters and niece are HUGE fans of the show.
They call each other Sam, Dean, and Castiel as nicknames,
and get together to binge watch the show
whenever they can.

My niece (who's nickname is Sam)
recently had a birthday.

I wanted to make her a sign with a Supernatural quote,
so enlisted the help of 2 of my daughters to help me.

After much deliberation, they came up with the quote,
"I lost my shoe."

I was confused as heck, and when I asked them
 if my niece would understand the quote,
they answered with a resounding "YES!".

So this is what I came up with...


Her favorite colors are red and black,
so I used those colors for her sign.



Here's a close up...


I don't remember the dimensions of the sign, 
and didn't take any photos of it in the process of making it.

Here's a basic rundown of what I did:
1. Cut the main piece of wood to the size I wanted.
2. Cut 1x2's to fit around the main piece.
3. Painted the wood.
4. Glued/nailed the frame around the main piece.
5. Painted the words on the sign.

There are tons of tutorials online on how to make signs.
I recommend THIS tutorial for making the frames,
and HERE'S some different options for the stencils.





My niece loved her birthday present!
And I was very happy to see that other family members
were just as confused as I was about the quote...lol!

I guess if you watch the show, you'll understand it!

Guess I should maybe start watching it.




No comments: