Friday, June 5, 2009

Tall Milk Carton Box...

Ever since I made those milk carton boxes, I've been searching for a pattern/tutorial on how to make a tall one. As far as I can tell, there isn't one. So I decided I was going to figure it out on my own.

After a few measuring errors, and one really lopsided milk carton, I think I finally got it!


I took a picture of both boxes to show the difference in size. There's lots more room for treats in the taller one!

To make the tall box, follow the instructions for the small box here. The changes that need to be made are:

The paper you use will need to be trimmed to 11" x 11.5".
Step 1 changes: score at 1/2", 2.5", and 9.25"
Step 2 changes: score at 1/2", 3.25", 6", and 8 3/4".

Hope that makes sense!

2 comments:

Emily said...

Sweet! Thanks....those are super cute! I've already made one of the smaller ones. Thanks for the shout-out too I'm honored :)

RootsAndWingsCo said...

I love these, as well! I use my template all the time. Here is a link to something that I have done with mine:
http://rootsandwingsco.blogspot.com/2009/05/smore-teacher-appreciation-gifts-paper.html

Rebecca