Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Scripture Journal {love}


I've been obsessed with scripture journals for the past couple of years.  

Obsessed, I tell you.    

I'm an avid note taker, and have notebooks full of my notes from church meetings 
and General Conference.  I have also kept a personal journal since I was a 
little girl and have thousands of pages of my life recorded.  

But I just couldn't seem to start a scripture journal.  

My problem?  
I let myself become too overwhelmed.  

I worried so much about the HOWS 
(do I start out with a topics journal?  a chapters journal? how do I begin?)  
that I missed the whole point of what a scripture journal is for...
It's to record my thoughts and insights as I study.

Recently I buckled down and decided to just GO FOR IT. 




The method that works best for me (so far) is to just write as I read.  
If a scripture stands out to me, I write down my thoughts.

It has been wonderful, and I've already learned so much.

Makes me wish I had started one long before now.

If you're looking for ideas for your own scripture journal, 
There are loads of great ideas from some wonderful bloggers.

Do you have a scripture journal?
I'd love to hear what works for you!
Feel free to leave a comment with a link to any posts you have written 
about scripture journals on your blogs!



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thank you for simplifying this. My family is starting a weekly chapter scripture study where we post comments and questions about a chapter each week. Since it was one chapter a week I was trying to figure out ways to get the most from it. I just need to simplify and not try and overwhelm myself. I'm good at the note taking, it helps me remember more. Just never thought of doing that with everything else there is on the internet to expand your scripture studies.
Thank you so much again for blogging this, my mind is at ease that I could just write notes instead of doing this huge binder process.